Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What for?

The other day while I had half an ear to the radio a statement leapt across the airwaves sending my thoughts into a whirl. It was a simple enough question.
"What is your purpose in life?"
At first the question flew over my conscience. After all, only half an an ear heard.
Later, in the middle of the night when all was dark and when thoughts come to the forefront of the mind seeking an answer, the question rose again. "What is my purpose in life?"
So different from what is your purpose in life!
Seldom do we consider such a searching question, or at least, seldom do I think along those lines. After all, I am busy, doing ... this or that, often useful things [in my mind at least] or just sitting reading.
Contemplating the purpose of life is rather deep!
Well days later I have come to no conclusion. I have given the question a lot of thought, and somehow consider this question will remain in the front of my mind until I decide what my purpose is in life.
Rather deep don't you think!

No comments: